Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Three Delicious Recipes!

Ahh, I have been bad at keeping up with this blog. I've really been trying to increase content on THE OTHER BLOG so I have been doing 5-6 posts there DAILY. What a work out for my HTML coding skills. Anyways, here are some recipes for some delicious foods I have made lately. Excuse the webcam photos (lost my canon charger) and my lack of using a "proper recipe" (psssh).



So, this is my awesome cheapo stroganoff and braised cabbage with bacon. To make it you need:

2 cans of cream soup, mushroom is best celery is nice too.
Hamburger for meatballs
1/2 a bag of egg noodles

And then you...

Make meatballs, cook in a frying pan.
Put Egg noodles on to boil.
Add soup cans to pan once meatballs are cooked through, cook for another few min.
Drain pasta, add meatballs and soup mixture to pasta.

This is super yummy, and super cheap, and fills up my dudes.

To make the braised cabbage and bacon you need:

Bacon
Cabbage
Onions

And then you..

Boil cabbage in medium sized pieces, until almost cooked.
Cut bacon into small pieces and half cook.
Add cabbage into pan, and chopped onions.
Cook until bacon fully done.

Voila! yum! Easy! Cheap! Filling!



Now this... she is a thing of beauty. I made this for hangover brunch for my buds after a big house party here... we all ate in silence for like fifteen minutes. You know food is good when all is quiet. For this you need:

Bacon
Canned Ham (Optional)
Butter
Cheese
Milk
Flour
Rotini


And then you...

Put your rotini on to boil.

Make a basic cheese sauce. I never use a recipe for this.. I start with a big pat of butter. In this case, I used a combo of bacon grease and butter which I highly recommend for both deliciousness and hangover curing properties. Then, I add the flour until I reach my desired thickness. Then I add the milk and cheese. I am very bad at using exact measurements, so for this recipe, you need to have knowledge of how to make cheese sauce. Make a lot of it, because some will cook off when you bake the dish in the oven.

Cook your bacon. I also had some canned ham diced up left over, so I cooked it in with the bacon grease. It was lovely.

Next, mix your meats, your drained rotini, and your cheese sauce together in a pot. Then once mixed, pour it into a serving dish, and squish it down a little. Then top with cheese and even some crispy topping if you'd like, and bake at 400 for 10 minutes or so.

Then eat it. This was the most fantastic use of half a block of cheese I have ever experienced. I fed my husband and three friends and still had a whole bunch of leftovers.

#Ilovebacon

No comments: