Sunday, December 28, 2008

As the holiday rush subsides...

Hey everyone :) I hope you all had very Merry Christmases, I sure did! This year was my first Christmas in PEI and it was wonderful. It was so nice to have so many people around, my Christmases in the past were usually quite small.

I made Christmas dinner for the first time ever, and I'm pleased to say it went well. My sister in law said my turkey was the best she'd ever had! That was so exciting to me since I had never roasted a full bird before, and had some problems getting the neck out... lol. Of course, we all got spoiled, especially Jude! We have so many toys now I'm not sure he knows what to do with himself..I loved the holiday rush but I'm glad to have it overwith now, I am tired!

Speaking of Jude, I re-arranged his room a bit today. It is becoming less of a nursery and more of a little boy's room. I hope to get a bookshelf soon, because has has quite the collection! I want him to love reading :) Maybe I will post some photos of his "new" room once I get it all finished.

I have been having motivation problems lately... I guess it's the holiday slack thing. I am going to start working on Valentine's Day items tomorrow, so check back in the next couple of days for pics! I'm also going to be catching up on a lot of things that I let slide during the holidays :) My Boxing Day free shipping promo went well... I have a lot of items to package up, so I had best get going!! Oh, but before I leave, I managed to snag an Etsy Treasury today - check it out!

4 comments:

a said...

I made Christmas dinner for the first time too! But we opted for ham instead of turkey. My potatoes were crazy undercooked because we drank too much rum while we waited for them to be done and decided to eat it anyway, haha.

Also, I was reading some community school website and they were seeking someone to teach a scrapbooking class. I thought of you since you were looking for ways to keep doing what you are doing once you are off maternity benefits :)

AmyAnne said...

I found you thru Twitter today and thru you I found Etsy for the first time! I've already lost a couple hours looking around...

I'm so excited! I love your paper crafts. I can't wait to put in an order!

Chichiboulie said...

We had Christmas here for the whole family as well. I wanted to say that I love PEI (would love to go back again) and your cards are so lovely!

StudioCherie said...

sweet treasury! Love your "how to," on the card as well. Thanks