Yesterday Matt had a sick day, I love that! :) We got to spend the day together.... and guess what we made? Probably the most awesome panini I have *ever* tasted... I had to take photos and blog the recipe it was just too good not to share!
So, I found a bag of panini bread on sale for 50% off at the grocery store because it was close to expiring. I took it home and froze it - I do this a lot with breads and save a lot of money!
Anyways... onto the recipe. You will need:
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Can Mushrooms
- 1 Onion
- 3/4 cup Mayo
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- Diced Garlic (I use the jar kind)
- Garlic Powder
- Pickled Jalapenos
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- Buffalo Sauce
1) Cover your chicken breasts in buffalo sauce and bake in the oven until cooked, basting with more sauce as necessary.
2) Cook Bacon, remove from grease and set aside on a paper towel. Saute red pepper, onion, and mushrooms in the bacon grease until tender, we cooked ours on medium heat over about 20 minutes. Keep vegetable chunks relatively large.
3) Make the sauce. Combine Mayo, Miracle Whip, Garlic, Garlic Powder (to taste), and Jalapeno (chop very finely). Set Aside.
4) When Chicken is done, cut into small chunks.
5) Spread sauce on Panini Bread. Add Cheese, a layer of the veggies, then chicken, and finally bacon. Now to grill your paninis! We used our indoor grill, but if you don't have one you could grill in the frying pan with a tiny bit of olive oil. (Make sure to press down on your panini when grilling in a frying pan)
Here's what ours looked like before we added the cheese and the top of our bread:
I hope you try this recipe! It was soooooo delicious :)