Friday, June 26, 2009

Of making ugly things new again and good deals..

Happy FRIDAY! It seems this Friday has come so quickly.. I guess it always seems like Friday arrives so much quicker than it should have. I wanted to share a couple of things from my Friday so far:





I went to Michaels this morning and was super stoked to find *SO* many amazing deals! Everything shown in this photo came to $51.00 even with tax - which is like 15% or something crazy here on PEI! Mostly everything I got was half off, or even better half off of the last marked sticker. I paid full price for one can of spray paint, and the other I had a 50% off coupon for :) (see Jude's dino?!)





So now Jude is napping and I am spray painting some of the hideously ugly wooden things I picked up at Value Village this week. Isn't it amazing what spray paint can do? This is with only a couple of light coats. I highly reccomend this Color Tool spray paint - available at Michaels! I'm using colors raspberry and olive bright to transform these pieces. The bowl cost $0.69 and the frame $1.99!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you prime these first then paint? i wanna do the same! they look so much fun to do!

Plaidfuzz said...

LOL, I got some of the same paper and stickers the other day. When its on sale I impulse buy whether I need it or not, LOL.

Chelsea Van Tol said...

I prime with high adhesion primer first on plastic and metal but sometimes wood doesn't need it. Plaidfuzz - I already have that paper but it was SO cheap and it's so cute!!

Katy said...

awww they look beautiful, i must see if they do something similar here in the uk :o)

bananaicecream said...

Just wanted to say hi from over in Halifax. Love your work!

Holly said...

I want all that stuff, lol! It's so colourful and fun looking!