Thursday, September 4, 2008

Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Portobello Caps

So, I make a buffalo chicken dip that is a real crowd pleaser, it has went over well every party I have served it it. In fact, I have caught people scraping the crock pot clean in the middle of the night after making it before, lol. Anyways, I decided to try it as a mushroom stuffing... and it was awesome!! Here's the recipe: (sorry I didn't take pictures)

Ingredients:

*Mushrooms - large for stuffing
(I use portobellos but white mushrooms are really good too!)
*Cream Cheese
*Sour Cream
*Salt and Pepper
*Buffalo Sauce
*1 Chicken Breast
*Onion
*Butter
*Garlic

-First, put your chicken in the oven to cook. I like to top mine with salt and pepper, and buffalo sauce. It's up to you how you like to cook it.

-While the chicken is cooking, clean your mushrooms and remove the stems. I like to peel a little bit of the insides away from the edges to make room for stuffing.

-In a frying pan, add chopped onion to taste, some garlic, and enough butter to saute them with lots left over in the pan. Turn the pan to medium heat. Cook the onions and garlic until soft, but not completely cooked. Once cooked, strain out the onions and garlic and put into a bowl.

-Put the mushroom caps in the pan with the butter. Cook for 3-4 minutes and remove. Place on cookie sheet.

-Mix sour cream, salt, cream cheese, and buffalo sauce in a bowl. I never measure, I just mix until I get my desired consistency for the amount I'm making. More sour cream makes a thinner mixture, good for dipping.

-Once chicken is cooked, shred it and mix it into the sour cream/cream cheese mixture. I like to use two forks and then squish it with (clean) hands. Spoon mixture into mushroom caps. Top with a little splash of buffalo sauce, and pop the cookie sheet into the oven. Cook 15-20 minutes or until you think they're done.

-Enjoy really yummy mushrooms!!

I normally make this dip in a crock pot set on `keep warm` and serve with crackers or vegetables. It's quite simple, but really delicious. You can make it in large or small batches, and it will keep for a few days. You just have to re-heat it :) The texture of the shredded chicken really makes this dish, so make sure to shred and not chop! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jana said...

The chicken dip sound delish, my boys would LOVE it!!

Lily said...

I hate mushrooms but I am definitely going to try the dip. Love buffalo anything