Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pity Party = Attendance: one

Today I would first of all like to say Happy Four Months old to my little guy! :) (technically he is 17 weeks, but was born April 13Th)

Unfortunately, I think I have a kidney infection and can barely lift him right now so he went to Grandma's for the day. This is what I get for ignoring the pains I've been having in my back/pelvic area for almost a month. The Dr. gave me antibiotics which make me sick in other ways, to make it even better. I am sitting on the couch trying not to move and feeling sorry for my self. I have so many things to do, I can't be sick!! The house is slipping into disorder. Matt isn't home until 11 so I have no company either :( waaaah lol. I bought some cheap VHS at the flea market on Sunday so I am going to snuggle up in bed and drown my sorrows in Saved and 13 Going on Thirty. And possibly even School of Rock.

Yesterday I picked up a couple cute things at Value Village aka VV Boutique. I really need to get some pics of my growing vintage owl collection and the other random things I have found at flea markets/garage sales/VV lately. I found a baby book from the 50's-60's at the flea market the other day for TWO DOLLARS. Never used! The art in it is FAB!

Anyways.... onto the BBC post for the day.. since I haven't done one in a while. Today we are to talk about our 5 favorite tools. I am not sure if this means actual tools like hammers and saws, scrapbooking tools, or what. So I am choosing the items that come in the most handy for me in day to day life (not in any particular order)


My Dyson. I love, love, love this vacuum. Got it on boxing day on sale (yeah!) and it was quite possibly the best $450 I ever spent. Yes, expensive, but sooo very worth it. The first time I used it, my rugs actually became a lighter color than I thought they were. I love how easy it is to empty ad that I don't have to use bags. I love how easy it is to carry around (the handle on the top of the canister is awesome)and that the hose clips to the machine, so you don't have a big ole plastic hose flopping around while you vacuum.




Cutter Bee Scissors. I loooove, love these. They are small, easy to maneuver, accurate, and relatively cheap. They don't hurt my hands at all which many larger scissors do. I am no good with an exacto style knife so I cut out all of my tiny details with these scissors.



Adtech Glue Runner. Available at Walmart for $4 intitially and then $4 for two refills. Sooo cheap and great! I am able to always have multiple refills around because the price is so low, and I don't worry about using 'too much adhesive' on anything. I even used these on my wedding invites!



This pink Kitchenaid Knife. I use this knife almost every time I cook. It is soo amazing at chopping, carving, or anything else you want to do with a knife lol. Plus, it is PINK.


... and I can't come up with a 5th. I'm tired now.. so off to bed with me.. watch for some posts soon about re-decorating my living room. I am in serious need of help.

10 comments:

aimee! said...

Ack! Kidney infections are no fun. I have them about once a month, and had kidney stones two years ago! Note: you DON'T want kidney stones. One of them got caught and ripped one of my renal tubes.

But, in other news I want that knife. Cory and I struggle with our 25 cent flea market knives, but we need something BETTER

Me said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! Happy fourth month to your little one. I am sure Grammy is loving the quality time!

I have to get me one o those Dyson's!

Chelsea Van Tol said...

I got it at sears, marked down half price because it was pink. I do not consider being pink a defect, obviously :P

It cuts so well..... my other knives are crappy, so I cherish it and sometimes hug it, but then it cuts me.

BTW what is a renal tube? And how do you know if you have kidney stones?

splummer said...

I want one of those vacuums. I have been seeing them advertised on T.V. They look like they would be much better at vacuuming than a regular vacuum. Hope you feeling better, happy 4 months to your son. By the way, he's beautiful!

Courtney von T said...

Hey hun!
Hope you feel better soon! Your renal tubes connect your kidneys to your bladder...i can only imagine the pain of one of those ripping *shudder*...
You rest up and take some time to heal...no living room organizing!!!
Miss you and wish i lived there so i could bring you some soup and watch Saved with you..such a good movie!

Celena said...

Oh I'm totally wishing you felt better! Glad you posted that pink knife though, how cute is that! Now I have to have one. I'd say the same about the Dyson, but I'd only be dreaming. Maybe if I put it on my wedding registry someone will buy it for me....hmmm....there I go dreaming again....oh well

Nickel said...

love the dyson. i have the all floor (yellow) one - got it as a Christmas present. With children, who can live without scissors - useful in the kitchen and throughout the house for other little jobs.

I hope you get feeling better!!! Remember to take care of yourself so you are there for your little guy.

Helena said...

Excellent list!!! And take care of that kidney infection I have had 3 or 4 of them and they sure are no fun!!!

xxxx

aimee! said...

You have kidney stones when you feel like your insides have exploded. I thought my appendix busted, it was very sudden and the most insanely overwhelming thing.

I'm sure you will be fine. I blame my drinking at University..

also, I just bought that knife at Sears. I'm such a copy cat!

Jean at Penny Lane said...

Great list and I like how you have the vacuum #1!

I had no idea that Kitchen Aid made knives.

Hope you are feeling better soon.