Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ahhhhhhhhh!

Just a little picture of some of the Paper*Cakes merchandise hanging out on a shelf that I found at a garage sale for $10, and repainted aqua! :) It really makes me happy to see this hanging out in my room.



Sometimes, I feel so overwhelmed I just want to scream! I wish I had 5 Chelsea's to help me accomplish everything :) ever get that feeling? frustrating.. I've been reading lots of articles on "How to be a good stay at home mom" and just end up more frustrated. However, I did read a good article here. - I learned that I am far too much of a perfectionist and that I need to not sweat the small stuff. Well, I already knew that but it's good to be reminded LOL!!

Anyways.. I listed some new tags today! Here are a few pics of some of them:







They are in the Shoppe now... I am hoping that I will find some free time to make some more cards soon, since a few have sold and the card section is looking a bit empty! I do however have lots and lots of tags in the works...

I am getting soooooo excited for Christmas, of course if you read this blog you know that I have been excited about Christmas since AUGUST lol! :) I am now listening to Christmas carols and itching to buy and set up a tree. Unfortunately, our basement flooded this summer after the leftovers of Hurricane Hanna hit PEI and all of our Christmas stuff was ruined, so we are pretty much starting over. I did have a little "Baby's First Christmas" ornament stowed away though that was safe, luckily! I know Jude won't really know what is going on this Christmas but I bet that the bright colors and happy music will at least catch his attention.

Since we are on the topic of Christmas and me having to replace all my Christmas stuff, I just want to share a few things I have seen on etsy lately..




Stewart the Owl Christmas Stocking by Cuore - she also makes little ornaments!




Gigglingoldfish offers these fabric books, I want to get one for Jude.




Janesays has this great Holiday sign. I purchased a sign from her last week, can't wait to get it! I am tempted to buy this one as well.

Alright - I'm out for now!

15 comments:

Diane Mars said...

Don't take on too much, our daughter Breezy with Amelie 5 months is also having a challenge trying to open an Etsy Shop while being a stay at home mom. So you have her beat right now, and you even make homemade Baby food I love it! Check out her blog
babyweekes.blogspot.com
Your Perfet, Hugs Diane

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting that link about stay-at-home-moms. I often feel overwhelmed by it all, too. I've been working on getting my Etsy shop going for a long time and I get frustrated because it's coming along sooo slowly. But after reading this article I know that it's not my number one priority. Really puts things into perspective. :)

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

I also feel overwhelmed, too. Especially this time of year. BTW...great find...that shelf is fabulous!

Keira said...

You only wish there were 5 of you? I think my number is a lot higher than that, lol! The article you linked to was great...it made me realize that I always take on way too much. I totally aim to be the perfect whatever (mother, daughter, significant other, cook, cleaner, lol, the possibilities are endless). Now I just need to find that magic bag of tricks to entertain my daughter when nothing else is working and we're set!!
Your new tags look wonderful by the way. And although I haven't been excited for Christmas nearly as long as you have, I am getting there now, quickly! Don't worry too much about Jude not knowing what's going on, Morgans first Christmas was awesome. She really enjoyed all the sights, you could just see the wonder in her eyes. Babies first Christmas's are a really neat thing to witness!
PS...you find some of the neatest stuff on etsy. That fabric book is to die for!

Kim Caro said...

i love the shelf it makes me happy too

Cheryl Wray said...

I just LOVE that shelf you found. It's gorgeous!!! (And don't you love finding great deals like that?)

I saw your blog on the Etsy forum, and had to come check it out. I just joined Etsy today. I'm looking forward to learning more about it.

I'm a stay-at-home Mom too (and work-at-home; I'm both a freelance writer and a crafter), and know the feelings you have. But...enjoy it! I wouldn't have it any other way!

Jenn~ said...

I love all the lovelies....and it is so hard to balance everything....and really it is an art form that rarely anyone masters (heck even Martha has a team of assistants) I am sure you are doing just fine, probably more than fine :) it is just hard to let go of some things....trial and error :)

flapjacs said...

Wow! love your shelf. You are so crafty! The fabric book is awesome, so cute.

Babz said...

Hey Chelsea ;) I know the feeling of that ol' Mr. Overwelmed! And dang girl I don't even have any kids. I would suggest making a list of to do's and finish each one before starting the next. That's what I've personally started doing. Since Im a scatter brain and like to do things and skip to the other without finishing. So far it's been working. I just have to keep focus and not loose track (so easy to say ahah)
PS.... LOOOOOOOOOOVE CHRISTMAS :D

Stacey said...

Great shelf, the color is so whimsical. Thanks for sharing all those lovely finds, too. :)

Anonymous said...

I feel an obligation to comment as all overly overwhelmed moms (and teachers) can never resist extending sentiment and empathy for the overwhelmed. Although this is a hypocritical move - I say to you - it will be okay. Just sit back for a few moments and breathe.

bethchien said...

I also love, love that shelf. It is so pretty and looks awesome with all your lovelies!
Hope you are having a great day!
B

Laura Marchant said...

Very cute stuff and I love that shelf. Seriously $10? I wish I could find stuff like that.

Carissa said...

Hi! Just popped over from TCB, I love your stuff!

Anonymous said...

I add your link in my favorites Chelsea ! Have a nice day :)