Monday, November 17, 2008

Cheesecake for Breakfast...

I'm eating chocolate chip cheesecake for breakfast... because I can and because I am too lazy to make real food! ha :)

So, Here's a little sneak of some of the notecards I have been working on:





These cards measure 3x4 inches and will be available in sets by themselves, and sets with matching tags. Hopefully I can get at least a few listed in the shop today :) I have tons and tons of patterns, these are just three of many!

Today was the 50% off sale at VV Boutique (Value Village, lol) and I cleaned up! Check out my finds:


Another Pyrex snowflake dish!! No lid though... but it only cost me $2.50!


I love necklaces like these! Big beads.. yum.


I bought this just for the frame, not sure what I'm going to do with the inside part... it's all handstitched with threads.


Some vintage trims.


Vintage christmas platter, yay! They had a whole Christmas section set up.


And lastly, a few patterns. Would you believe I only paid $0.30 each? Check out the 70's plush woodland creatures!! Major score! I bought the little girl dress pattern just because it was adorable.. I don't have a little girl, but they reminded me of tiny Marie Antionette dresses.

I also got a few kids books for Jude, a shelf and towel bar for Matt's "Boy" Bathroom, a few more Christmas items, and some clothing :) I spent a total of $30 and left with a HUGE bag! I am tempted to go back later this evening when things get down to 70% off.....

And just for fun... a couple recent etsy purchases:


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great finds! Love to beads too :)

Lulu and Co. said...

Huge vintage fan myself. Must say I am all for eating cheesecake for breakfast!!!beautiful etsy shop, must come back to shop!!!

Keira said...

1) I wish I could eat cheesecake for breakfast, but my daughter would want some and I don't like to share :(
2) I miss living close to Value Village, I absolutely love roaming around there, and you seem to have found a great stash! I am in love with that dish and the patterns. Oh and of course it's always nice to see that other people buy things just for the frames!
3)The notecards are looking awesome. I love the patterns you've chosen to show and can't wait to see what else you come up with!

High Heels and a Sippy Cup said...

Found you through Today's Creative blog and I am loving those robot/space cards. I have three boys and I'm always looking for cute "boy" stuff.

We also have a Value Village and I am feeling inspired to go check it out now!

Anonymous said...

there's nothing better than dessert for breakfast! i learned the art of the "breakfast cookie" from my momma!

Vintagesquirrel said...

1)I Love vintage and thrifting. I hadn't heard of Value Village before, so I went to their website to check if there were any in my area. Guess what? There is one only 8.74 miles away! Yippee!
2)I have only boys, too. 3 sons. I always wanted boys, however I really miss the girly things like frilly dresses, dolls, painting fingernails. (Well, actually my youngest likes having his nails painted, but that's another whole story.
3)I see that you have a son named Jude. Although I didn't name one of my son'd Jude, that is my husband's middle name. And I'm sure you know how uncommon it a name it is.
4)I love your embroidered flower basket. Is it done on a fabric that you could add to the front of a pillow. That's probably how I'd use it. Well, actually, I'd probably just hang it up as is in it's white frame.
5)I'm definately putting your blog into my favorites!

Swirlyarts said...

Hah - my Mum and Dad used to have that Christmas tray. They used it all year round though :)

Kirsten said...

Hi! I'm visiting from Today's Creative Blog - how fun is this place?!?! I had to say I love that pyrex with the snowflakes - I'm always snooping out good old kitchen stuff at the antique mall.